Hearing a ringing sound which no one else can hear is a sign of tinnitus or ringing in the ears. This may occur as ringing in one ear only, ringing in the right ear or ringing in the left ear. There are many different sounds associated with this condition, it may be a whizzing, static, banging, buzzing or clicking in ear. This is not a disease but a symptom of several underlying causes and if not treated on time, then it can lead to hearing loss. So what causes ringing in the ears? What are the various symptoms and do we have any treatment or other options for this problem? Below is some information about the symptoms which will help you learn more about this hearing condition.
As I have already mentioned that tinnitus is not a disease but rather a symptom or the side effects of some kind of an infection or health problem that our body suffers from. The side effect might also be the result of a psychological problem as well. It is a common problem which almost all of us have experienced in our lifetime. It is usually a temporary problem and it usually stops after a few minutes or few hours. But, it might come back again, as a persistent ringing maybe after a year or two. If the ringing remains for days, then it becomes very annoying for the person suffering from it as it hampers their daily work. Imagine having to hear a ringing оr buzzing sound when уоu would actually love to listen to the commentator оf a baseball game.
What Causes Ringing in the Left Ear or Right Ear Only?
There are several causes for ringing in one ear and some оf the most common ones are discussed below. If you know what are the causes due to which you are suffering from this constant ringing, then you can easily carry out the necessary treatments.
- Meniere’s Disease: Meniere’s disease is one of the possible causes for sudden ringing. This is a problem which occurs in the inner ear of the person and it often occurs due to the presence of excess fluid in the ear. It can lead to either hearing loss or it can also have аn impact on the balance of the person and the impact might vary on the basis of the severity of the disease.
- Exposure to Loud Sound: This is another reason аѕ tо what may cause a ringing sensation. Any form of loud noises, like that of a gunshot at a close range, or maybe the sound of bursting fire crackers or sometimes listening to loud music, can often lead to ringing in ears. This is because the loud noise damages the hair cells as well as the nerves in the ears.
- Problems in the Ears: Ear infections, or maybe formation оf earwax, infection in the eardrums and sometimes even inflammation in the ears can also lead to a ringing sound in the ears. These problems are common in both adults as well as children, hence, one has to be very careful when children suffer from any of these problems аnd must visit the doctor immediately.
- Cardiovascular Problems: If instead of a ringing sound in your ears, you hear a pulsating sound, then it could be due to various cardiovascular problems like problems either in the arteries or blood vessels, or if the person is suffering from high blood pressure or problems related to the heart.
- Otosclerosis: Thіѕ problem usually occurs in the middle ear and if not treated in time it can also lead to hearing loss. In this case there is degeneration of bone due to which problem occurs in the hearing mechanisms and thus, the person hears the ringing sound.
- Injury to Head or Neck: Sometimes when you receive an injury to your neck or head, it might damage the auditory nerves which plays a major role in hearing and due to this you can hear the ringing or the buzzing sound. If a person is suffering from brain hemorrhage or if they have a tumor in their brain, then again there are chances. Dizziness is also accompanied by this ringing.
- High Drug Dosage: In order to treat some other infection or disease, we have to take in certain antibiotics or maybe certain drugs. These drugs or sedatives might have certain side effects; ringing in ears being one. Sometimes, even after you stop taking the drugs, the ringing might continue for a few days.
I have found a discussion board that talks in length about ringing in the left ear.
Treatment for Ringing in One Ear
There are several treatments and they dependent on the causes of the problem. Once you get to know what is causing the health issue, it will be easier fоr the doctor to treat the problem. Sometimes the problem might go away on its own without the need for any kind of medication, while sometimes, the problem might remain for life. Whenever you face this problem and if it does not go away eithin one or two days, then it’s better that you visit a doctor. He might give you a niacin for this problem.
You need to listen to an incredible and inspiring story of Robert Richards and how he went from total tinnitus despair to tinnitus freedom, all without the use of drugs, herbs, vitamins, medications or expensive therapies. How he cured himself will astound you. Robert Richards is the creator of the Tinnitus Retrain System, the only online video assisted, self-help, and tinnitus habituation system of it’s kind. He rewired his emotional response to his Tinnitus, essentially bypassing the condition and rendering it ineffectual all without the assistance of any outside influences.
His story is totally inspiring for tinnitus sufferers or anyone suffering with an inner ear disorder.
His system has already helped thousands of tinnitus sufferers enjoy a quieter future.